Welcome to the Learning Zone for Year 2- Informing parents and the wider community!
An overview of our primary 2 learning experience of Arts and Craft through Creative Science.
Handa's Surprise is one of our favourite stories within our ‘Yum Yum’ topic.
- We planned our own display.
- We used clay to sculpt fruit and vegetables.
- We printed with food, e.g. used leeks and spaghetti to design scorched grass, we printed with cabbage leaves to create leaves for the tree, we mixed porridge oats with paint to make the tree trunk textured, etc.
- We engaged in tropical fruit tasting alongside our Healthy Break programme.
- We made fruit and vegetable smoothies, children made choices about the ingredients that were included.
Using our observational skills & developing our descriptive language
We closely observed a variety of fruit and vegetables.
We drew the fruit and vegetables using oil pastels on a much larger scale.
We observed the change over time.
We used adjectives to describe the fruit and vegetables before and after the change.
We drew the fruit and vegetables on day 14 of our observation to show others the change.